Share to buy – Ramsay Healthcare (RHC)
Posted on January 27, 2016
- Market cap: $12.01 Billion
- Recent share price: $59.9
- Cash/debt: $315.86 million/$3.17B
- Trailing P/E: 32.64
Ramsay Healthcare is the largest private hospital operator in Australia and one of the top five hospital companies in the world. It has a presence in the UK, France, Indonesia and Malaysia. In Nov 2015, they inked a joint venture agreement with one of China’s leading medical universities to build a number of new private hospitals in China’s Pearl River Delta thus expanding its reach further.
RHC has a strong competitive advantage, which it has leveraged to grow its business. Key features include;
- Guaranteed demand given the growing ageing populations on a global scale
- Pricing power over its customers, insurers and governments, which often have no alternative but to use Ramsay’s services.
- Buying and building hospitals is very expensive and this is a major deterrent to other companies looking to enter the market.
- Ramsay has also proven to be very astute at building new beds at just the right pace to grow earnings without increasing supply beyond demand.
- Ramsay delivered solid growth in FY15 with revenues, core earnings per share and full year dividends increasing by 49.8%, 20% and 18.8% respectively.
- Management has provided guidance of 12-14% earnings per share growth in FY16 barring any unforeseen circumstances.
VIEW SHARE MARKET RECOMMENDATIONS BY CATEGORYASX Blue Chip Shares asx health shares ASX Small Caps ASX Speculative Shares ASX Top 200 XJO ASX Top 500 All Ordinaries Australia Shares Best Shares Consumer Discretionary Stocks Consumer Staple Stocks Energy Stocks, News & Tips on the ASX Financial News Financial Stocks General Global Stock Markets News Gold Stocks Australia Health Care Stocks Hot Stock Picks Hot Stocks Industrials Stocks IT Stocks Market Sectors News Materials Stocks Mining Shares S&P ASX News Sell Shares Shares To Buy Stock of the Week Stock Trading Recommendations Stocks Investing Advice Telecommunications Stocks Top Stocks Utilities Stocks watch Watch Stocks
Access our investment insights free
Not understanding the financials of even big blue chips can cost you precious income such as when Telstra reduced their dividends.
This is why our hugely popular Income report has become a must read report for all income investors
Download the Income Report for free to get the top ASX Dividend Stock Recommendations for 2018.