Good morning team, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Aussie market is poised to open higher later this morning, despite a mixed performance on Wall Street on Friday night.
SPI futures are pointing to a 20-point gain on the open, to 5464.
In local economic news today, the Australian Bureau of Statistics will release its business indicators for the September quarter and its estimates of multifactor productivity – that is capital and labour combined – for the last financial year.
The Australian Industry Group’s index of service sector activity for November is also due out, as are ANZ’s job advertisements series for the same month.
- SPI up 20 points at 5464
- AUD at US74.55¢
- Dow Jones -0.1%; S&P500 flat; Nasdaq +0.1%
- FTSE100 -0.3%, CAC -0.7%, DAX -0.2%
- Spot gold +0.5% at $US1177.25 an ounce
- Brent oil +1.0% at $US54.46 a barrel
- Iron ore –0.7% at $US77.79 a tonne