Good morning team, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Australian market looks set to open higher after Wall Street crept upwards in its session overnight.
The SPI is up 10 points, at 5431.
In local econommic news, the Australian Bureau of Statistics releases September quarter construction work done, while the Department of Employment Vacancy Report is also due out.
In equities news, Programmed is expected to post half-year results, while Webjet holds its annual general meeting in Melbourne and McGrath has its AGM in Sydney. Meanwhile, Platinum Asset Management chief executive Kerr Neilson is slated to speak at a Bloomberg-hosted business lunch in Sydney and the Institute of Public Accountants National Congress is on in Melbourne.
- SPI up 10 points, at 5431
- AUD at US73.92¢
- Dow Jones +0.3%; S&P500 +0.1%; Nasdaq +0.2%
- FTSE100 +0.6%, CAC +0.4%, DAX +0.3%
- Spot gold -0.1% at $US1212.86 an ounce
- Brent oil -0.3% at $US48.74 a barrel
- Iron ore +6.5% at $US74.90 a tonne