Good morning, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Australian market looks set to open slightly higher later this morning, despite a negative lead from Wall Street and European stocks.
The share price index is up 11 points, at 5373.
US stocks fell on Friday, as traders cashed in on a post-election rally and waited for clarity on the next administration’s policies.
No major economic news is expected today.
In equities news, Newcrest Mining has an investor day in Sydney, while Baby Bunting holds its annual general meeting.
- SPI up 11 points at 5373
- AUD at US73.30¢
- Dow Jones -0.2%; S&P500 -0.2%; Nasdaq -0.2%
- FTSE100 -0.3%, CAC -0.5%, DAX -0.2%
- Spot gold -0.7% at $US1207.93 an ounce
- Brent oil +0.8% at $US46.86 a barrel
- Iron ore -1.0% at $US72.79 a tonne