Good morning team, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Aussie market is poised to open slightly higher later this morning, after Wall Street eked out modest gains overnight.
SPI futures are pointing to an eight-point pop on the open, to 5607.
Local data: Trade December, Building approvals December; NZ ANZ job ads January
Overseas data: Japan consumer confidence January; ECB publishes economic bulletin; Bank of England policy meeting; Euro zone PPI January
- SPI up eight points at 5607
- AUD at US75.60¢
- Dow Jones +0.1%; S&P500 flat; Nasdaq +0.5%
- FTSE100 +0.1%, CAC +1.0%, DAX +1.1%
- Spot gold -0.4% at $US1205.17 an ounce
- Brent oil +1.1% at $US56.19 a barrel
- Iron ore flat at $US83.34 a tonne
What happened overnight?