Good morning, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
Australian stocks look set to open slightly higher later this morning, as a rally on Wall Street was extended overnight.
The SPI share price index is up four points at, 5343.
Locally, no major economic news is expected on Friday.
However, the Indonesia Business Summit is on in Perth with federal treasurer Scott Morrison, trade minister Steven Ciobo and his Indonesian counterpart Enggartiasto Lukita among the expected attendees.
In equities news, Lendlease holds its annual general meeting in Melbourne.
- SPI up four points at 5343
- AUD at US76.25¢
- Dow Jones +1.5%; S&P500 +0.3%; Nasdaq -0.3%
- FTSE100 -1.2%, CAC -0.3%, DAX -0.2%
- Spot gold -0.9% at $US1265.96 an ounce
- Brent oil -0.9% at $US45.94 a barrel
- Iron ore +4.4% at $US74.12 a tonne