The Aussie share market will open lower following widespread overnight losses in the US and Europe.
The share price index is down 55 points, at 4890.
Locally, no major economic or equities news is expected on Friday.
- SPI futures down 46pts or 0.9% to 4899 near 6.30am Sydney time
- AUD -1.3% to 75.03 US cents, 81.40 Japanese yen, 66.01 Euro cents and 53.39 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow -1%, S&P 500 -1.2%, Nasdaq -1.5%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -1.3%, FTSE -0.4%, CAC -0.9%, DAX -1%
- In London, BHP -0.7%, Rio -0;9%
- Spot gold +1.2% to $US1237.29 at 2.23pm New York time
- Brent crude -1.8% to $US39.14 at 1.58pm New York time
- Iron ore slips 0.3% to $US54.57 per tonne
What’s on today:
Overseas data: Japan current account (Feb.), Japan economy watchers survey (March), Japan consumer confidence (March), UK industrial production (Feb.), UK trade balance (Feb.), US wholesale inventories (Feb.)
Sovereign rating updates: Saudi Arabia (S&P), Spain (DBRS), Sweden (Moody’s), Switzerland (Fitch), Turkey (Moody’s).