The Australian market looks set to open lower ahead of the Reserve Bank’s interest rate meeting later in the day.
The SPI is trading down 19 points at 5399.
Locally, in economic news, the Reserve Bank of Australia holds its monthly board meeting and decides whether or not to alter its official interest rate.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics releases the Balance of Payments and International Investment Position and government finance statistics, both for the June quarter.
The Dun and Bradstreet business expectations survey is also due out. No major equities news is expected.
- The SPI is trading down 19 points at 5399
- AUD +0.2% to 75.81 US cents
- Wall Street is closed for a holiday
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 flat, FTSE -0.2%, CAC flat, DAX -0.1%
- Spot gold +0.1% to $US1327.01 an ounce
- Brent crude +1.7% to $US47.63 a barrel
- What’s on today
Balance of payments 2Q, RBA rate decision; NZ house prices Aug