The Australian market looks set to open higher after decent gains on Wall Street after Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen said the case for an official US interest rate rise has strengthened.
The SPI is trading at 5450, up 20 points.
Locally, in economic news, the Australian Bureau of Statistics is due to release July building approval figures.
In equities news, Slater and Gordon and Ramsay Health Care are expected to post full-year results.
- The SPI is trading at 5450, up 20 points
- AUD +0.1% to 75.68 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +06%, S&P 500 +0.5%, Nasdaq +0.3%
- In New York, BHP +0.4%, Rio +0.5%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.4%, FTSE closed, CAC -0.4%, DAX -0.4%
- Spot gold +0.3% to $US1324.93 an ounce
- Brent crude -1.2% to $US49.34 a barrel
What’s on today
Local data: Building approvals July, NZ building permits July
Local earnings: Ramsay Health Care, Atlas Iron, Sandfire Resources, Macquarie Atlas Roads