The Australian share market looks set to open higher after Wall Street closed in positive territory as fresh data gave a positive picture of the economy.
The SPI is trading at 5314, down 36 points.
Locally, in economic news, the Australian Industry Group is set to release the Performance of Services Index for May.
In equity news, CEDA is holding an event in Perth, which will feature Rio Tinto Iron Ore boss Andrew Harding.
- The SPI is trading at 5314, down 36 points.
- AUD at 72.25 US cents, 78.62 Japanese yen, 64.78 Euro cents and 50.07 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow Jones +0.15%, S&P500 +0.2%, Nasdaq +0.28%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.16%, FTSE100 -0.1%, CAC -0.21%, DAX +0.03%
- In US, BHP +0.36%, Rio +0.07%
- Spot gold -0.14% to $US1211.51 at 6am on Friday morning
- Brent crude +0.36% to $US49.92 a barrel at 6am on Friday morning
- Iron ore -0.45% to $US48.18 a tonne at 6am on Friday morning.
What’s on today
Local: 9.30am AIG Performance of Manufacturing Index
Overseas: 11.45am Caixin China PMI Services; 11.45am Caixin China PMI Composite; US Trade Balance; US Nonfarm Payrolls; US Unemployment Rate; Labour Force Participation Rate; Markit US Services PMI; Markit US Composite PMI