Aussie shares are poised to open lower after the Easter break. Wall Street was little changed on Thursday night.
There’s little local data on tap at all this week except for second tier statistics including NAB’s online retail sales on Wednesday, RBA credit HIA new home sales and job vacancies on Thursday with the AIF PMI on Friday.
The key overseas focus will be on Friday with PMI reports from China and Europe and the March payrolls report from the US.
- SPI down12 points at 5069
- AUD at US75.41 cents
- Dow Jones -0.1%, S&P500 -0.2%, Nasdaq +0.1
- FTSE100 -1.5%, CAC -2.1%, DAX -1.7%
- Spot gold +0.3% at $US1220 an ounce
- Brent oil -0.4% at $US40.28 a barrel
- Iron ore -1% at $U55.76 a tonne