The Aussie market is poised to open slightly higher this morning, after US stocks advanced overnight, buoyed by technology and energy shares.
The SPI futures contract is up 10 points at 4,935.
In local news today, the Reserve Bank of Australia is due to release financial aggregates data for December, while the BlackRock Investment Institutes 2016 Outlook Report is expected.
In equities space, Orica has its annual general meeting.
- SPI futures up 10pts or 0.2pc to 4935
- The Australian dollar is buying 70.84 US cents, 84.06 Japanese yen, 64.63 Euro cents and 49.26 British pence
- On Wall St late, Dow +0.51%, S&P 500 +0.6%, Nasdaq +0.73%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -2.1%, FTSE -0.9%, CAC -1.3%, DAX -2.4%
- Spot gold loses 0.8% to $US1115.88 per ounce
- Brent crude adds 3.1% to $US33.95 per barrel
- Iron ore slips 1.2% to $US41.92 per tonne
What’s on today
Australia producer prices. Bank of Japan policy statement