The Aussie market is poised to open flat to slightly weaker to start the new trading week, after Wall Street closed mixed on Friday night where markets were on edge due to ongoing concerns about global growth and uncertainty about US monetary policy – the same old story.
The December SPI futures contract is down seven points this morning, at 5025.
No major economic or equities news is expected today.
- SPI down seven points at 5025
- AUD at 70.18 US cents
- Dow Jones +0.70%, S&P500 -0.05%, Nasdaq -1.01%
- FTSE100 +2.47%, CAC +3.07%, DAX +2.77%
- Spot gold down 0.7% at $US1146.40 an ounce
- Brent oil up 0.9% at $US48.60 a barrel
- Iron ore up 3% at $US56.98 per tonne
Trading ex dividend today:
360 Capital Group, APN Property Group, Brookfield Prime Property, Cabcharge Australia, Estia Health, Folkestone Education Trust, Independence Group, Meridian Energy, Peninsula Energy, Pioneer Credit, Regis Resources, Sirtex Medical, Valmec, Webjet.