The Australian market looks set to open slightly higher after European markets closed higher but Wall Street finished mostly in the red.
The SPI is up 10 points at 5,510.
Locally, no major economic news is expected on Thursday.
In equities news, GUD Holdings is slated to havef a full-year results briefing ERA and Henderson are expected to release half-year results, while Macquarie Group has its annual general meeting.
- The SPI is up 10 points at 5,510
- AUD -0.3% to 74.78 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow flat, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq +0.6%
- In New York, Apple +6.5%, Coca-Cola -3.3%, BHP +1%, Rio +1.3%,
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +0.7%, FTSE +0.4%, CAC +1.2%, DAX +0.7%
- Spot gold +1% to $US1333.19 an ounce
- Brent crude -2.9% to $US43.58 a barrel
- Iron ore + 0.9% to $US58.63 a tonne
What’s on today
Local data: Australia trade price indices 2nd quarter
Macquarie Group annual general meeting
Overseas data: US jobless claims (weekly), US Bloomberg consumer comfort (weekly), US advanced goods trade balance (June), Germany unemployment (July), Germany inflation (July), Euro-area economic confidence, business climate (July).