The Aussie market looks set to open higher later this morning, after gains on international markets, including China’s, with good economic data also helping to boost US and European shares.
The share price index futures contract is up 94 points, at 5280.
Equities in Europe and on Wall Street climbed on revised US data showing stronger US growth in the second quarter of 3.7 per cent, compared with the previous estimate of 2.3 per cent.
Locally, no major economic news is expected on Friday.
In equities news, Harvey Norman, Slater & Gordon, IOOF, Lovis, Mayne Pharma, Regis Healthcare, Regional Express and Woolworths are expected to post full year results.
- SPI up 94 points at 5280
- AUD at 71.60 US cents
- Dow Jones +2.27%, S&P500 +2.43%, Nasdaq +2.45%
- FTSE100 +3.56%, CAC +3.49%, DAX +3.18%
- Spot gold down 0.1% at $US1124.60 an ounce
- Brent oil up 9.6% at $US47.44 a barrel
- Iron ore up 0.5% at $US53.93 per tonne