The Australian market looks set to open higher after Wall Street closed mixed as Federal Reserve policymakers began a two-day interest rate meeting and investors braced for quarterly scorecards from Apple and Twitter
The SPI is trading at 5501, up 10 points.
Locally, in economic news, the Australian Bureau of Statistics releases the consumer price index for June quarter
In equities news, Fortescue Metals is expected to release its fourth quarter production review.
- The SPI is trading at 5501, up 10 points
- AUD at 75.05 US cents, 78.52 Japanese yen, 68.30 Euro cents and 57.13 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow -0.1%, S&P 500 flat, Nasdaq +0.2%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +0.2%, FTSE +0.2%, CAC +0.2%, DAX +0.5%
- Spot gold +0.3% to $US1319.94 an ounce
- Brent crude +0.4% to $US44.89 a barrel
- Iron ore +2.2% to $US58.08 per tonne
What’s on today
Inflation data @1130