The Aussie market is poised to open sharply higher later this morning, following strong gains on Wall Street overnight.
The September SPI futures contract is up 96 points, at 5227.
US stocks surged four per cent higher, ending a six-day losing streak that was caused by large falls in Chinese equities.
Locally today, the Australian Bureau of Statistics will release business investment figures for the June quarter.
In equities news, the following companies will be releasing their full year results: Nine Entertainment, Billabong, Boral, Ramsay Health Care, Flight Centre and Transfield Services.
- SPI up 96 points at 5227
- AUD at 71.13 US cents
- Dow Jones +3.95%, S&P500 +3.90%, Nasdaq +4.24%
- FTSE100 -1.68%, CAC -1.40%, DAX -1.29%
- Spot gold down 1.2% at $US1123.81 an ounce
- Brent oil down 0.2% at $US43.56 a barrel
- Iron ore up 0.4% at $US53.67 per tonne