The Australian market looks set to open lower after Wall Street fell, dragged down by energy stocks as oil prices fell.
The SPI is trading at 5398, down 22 points.
Locally, no major economic or equities news is expected today.
- The SPI is trading at 5398, down 22 points
- AUD at 76.25 US cents on Saturday morning
- On Wall St, Dow -0.7%, S&P 500 -0.6%, Nasdaq -0.6%
- In New York, BHP +0.3%, Rio -0.3%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.6%, FTSE flat, CAC -0.5%, DAX -0.4%
- Spot gold flat at $US1337.56 an ounce
- Brent crude -3.7% to $US45.89 a barrel
- LME aluminium +0.2% at $US1636 a tonne
What’s on today
NZ trade August