The Australian market looks set to open flat after Wall Street is pulled down by healthcare and consumer stocks and ahead of Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellens key speech at Jackson Hole.
The SPI is trading at 5516, up 4 points.
Locally, no economic news is expected on Friday.
In equities news, The Star Entertainment Group, Super Retail Group. Monash IVF, Mayne Pharma Group and Cabcharge are slated to post full-year results. Coca-Cola Amatil is expected to post half-year results and Patties Foods has a meeting on the acquisition by Pacific Equity Partner.
- The SPI is trading at 5516, up 4 points
- AUD flat at 76.15 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow -0.2%, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.1%
- In New York, BHP +1.2%, Rio +1%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.7%, FTSE -0.3%, CAC -0.7%, DAX -0.9%
- Spot gold -0.1% to $US1322.28 an ounce
- Brent crude +0.5% to $US49.27 a barrel
What’s on today
US Fed Chair Janet Yellen speaks at the Kansas City Fed’s annual Monetary Policy Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Local data: None
Local earnings: Regis Healthcare, Select Harvests, Mayne Pharma, Super Retail Group, Corporate Travel Management, Star Entertainment Group, SKY Network Television, Mesoblast, Coca Cola Amatil