The Australian share market looks set to open higher as global stocks continue to rally after the Bank of Japan and the US Federal Reserve left interest rates on hold.
The SPI is trading at 5379, up 26 points.
Locally, in economic and equity news, the calendars are quiet with no major risk events.
- The SPI is trading at 5379, up 26 points.
- AUD +0.2% to 76.41 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +0.5%, S&P 500 +0.7%, Nasdaq +0.8%
- In New York, BHP +0.9%, Rio +1.5%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +2.3%, FTSE +1.2%, CAC +2.3%, DAX +2.3%
- In London, BHP +4.1%, Rio +3.3%
- Spot gold +0.3% to $US1339.41 an ounce
- Brent crude +1.3% to $US47.44 a barrel
- Iron ore +0.8% to $US56.34 a tonne
- LME aluminium +3.1 per cent at $US1633 a tonne
What’s on today
No local data