The Australian market looks set to open flat, despite positive leads from major international markets.
The SPI is trading at 5360, up 4 points.
Locally, no major economic or equities news is expected, however the Henderson global investment returns report is due out.
- The SPI is trading at 5360, up 4 points.
- AUD at 72.22 US cents. 79.52 Japanese yen, 64.36 Euro cents and 49.76 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +0.4%, S&P 500 +0.6%, Nasdaq +1.2%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +1.5%, FTSE +1.7%, CAC +1.7%, DAX +1.2%
- In London, BHP +0.4%, Rio +0.7%
- Spot gold -0.2% to $US1251.98 an ounce
- Brent crude -0.1% to $US48.75 a barrel
- Iron ore +2.7pc to $US54.89 a tonne on Friday
What’s on today
Local data: None
Overseas data: Japan April trade balance; Euro Markit May manufacturing PMI, Markit May services PMI, Euro May consumer confidence; US Markit May manufacturing PMI
Fed speakers: James Bullard, Patrick Harker