The Australian market looks set to open flat after Wall Street closed little changed as the fall in oil prices weighed on energy stocks and biotech stocks putting in a strong performance.
The SPI is trading at 5494, up 5 points.
Locally, in economic news, the ANZ-Roy Morgan weekly consumer confidence survey is due out.
In equities news, Ainsworth Game Technology, Greencross, Healthscope, Specialty Fashion Group, Vocus Communications and Virtus Health are expected to post full-year results.
Caltex Australia, Oil Search and oOH! Media are slated to release half-year figures.
- The SPI is trading at 5494, up 5 points
- AUD flat at 76.31 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow -0.1%, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq +0.1%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.3%, FTSE -0.4%, CAC -0.2%, DAX -0.5%
- Spot gold -0.2% to $US1338.25 an ounce
- Brent crude -2.8% to $US49.47 a barrel
What’s on today
Scentre Group, Caltex, Oil Search, Monadelphous, McMillan Shakespeare, Ainsworth Game Technology, Adairs, Blackmores, Fisher & Paykel, Specialty Fashion, Healthscope, Greencross, Vocus Communications, Aconex, Virtus Health release their earnings results today.