The Australian share market looks set to open higher, mirroring a rally on Wall Street after the US Federal Reserve kept interest rates unchanged.
The SPI is trading at 5360, up 37 points.
Locally, in economic news, the Reserve Bank of Australia governor Philip Lowe will front a House of Representatives committee later on Thursday.
In equities news, Premier Investments, Brickworks and Washington H. Soul Pattinson report full year results, while Suncorp Group will hold its annual general meeting.
- The SPI is trading at 5360, up 37 points
- AUD +0.8% to 76.20 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +0.9%, S&P 500 +1.1%, Nasdaq +1%
- In New York, BHP +3.6%, Rio +3.7%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +0.6%, FTSE +0.1%, CAC +0.5%, DAX +0.4%
- Spot gold +1.5% to $US1333.97 an ounce
- Brent crude +2.3% to $US46.92 a barrel
- LME aluminium +0.4% to $US1584 a tonne
What’s on today
RBNZ rate decision