The Australian market looks set to open lower following falls on Wall Street where disappointing quarterly reports from tech stalwart Intel and transportation companies stalled momentum.
The SPI is trading at 5449, down 32 points.
Locally, no major economic news is expected today.
In equities news, Santos is expected to release a fourth quarter production review.
- The SPI is trading at 5449, down 32 points.
- AUD +0.2% at 74.89 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow -0.4%, S&P 500 -0.4%, Nasdaq -0.3%
- In New York, BHP +2.3%, Rio +2.5%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 flat, FTSE -0.4%, CAC -0.1%, DAX +0.1%
- Spot gold +1% to $US1329.35 an ounce
- Brent crude -1.4% to $US46.50 a barrel
- Iron ore +2.6% to $US57.17 a tonne
What’s on today
Santos fourth quarter production review