The Australian market looks set to open lower following Wall Street’s slide as investors weighed the prospect of a Federal Reserve interest rate rise.
The SPI is trading at 5490, down 7 points.
Locally, in economic news on Monday, the Commonwealth Bank Business Sales Index is due out.
In equities news, BlueScope Steel, GWA, UGL, nib, Fortescue Metals are slated to post full-year results while Spark Infrastructure is expected to release half- year results.
- The SPI is trading at 5490, down 7 points
- AUD traded at 76.25 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow -0.2%, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq flat
- In New York, BHP -1.8%, Rio -1.8%, Atlassian -1%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.9%, FTSE -0.2%, CAC -0.8%, DAX -0.6%
- Spot gold -0.8% to $US1341.47 an ounce
- Brent crude flat at $US50.88 a barrel
What’s on today
Japara Healthcare, GWA Group, Spark Infrastructure, Fortescue Metals, Northern Star Resources, Boart Longyear, Growthpoint Properties, SEEK, BlueScope Steel, a2 Milk, Bega Cheese Earning Results released today.