The Aussie market is poised to open sharply lower later this morning, after Wall Street tumbled overnight; the Dow dropped to its lowest level for 2015 as worries spread about the strength of the world economy.
The September SPI futures contract is down 70 points, at 5167.
No major local economic news is expected on Friday.
In equities news, IAG, Transpacific, Macmahon Holdings, Super Retail Group, Sims Metal Management, Cabcharge are among the companies expected to post full year results while Coca-Cola Amatil and Santos are slated to release half year results.
- SPI down 70 points at 5167
- AUD at 73.38 US cents
- Dow Jones -1.96%, S&P500 -2.11%, Nasdaq -2.73%
- FTSE100 -0.56%, CAC -2.06%, DAX -2.34%
- Spot gold up 1.7% at $US1151.98 an ounce
- Brent oil flat at $US46.18 a barrel
- Iron ore down 1% at $US55.84 per tonne