The Australian market looks set to open lower later this morning, after Wall Street retreated overnight where energy stocks fell along with the price of oil.
The June SPI futures contract is down 13 points, at 5940.
In local economic news today, the Reserve Bank of Australia governor Glenn Stevens is slated to speak at an American Chamber of Commerce in Australia lunch in Melbourne.
No major equities news is expected.
- SPI down 13 points at 5940
- AUD at 76.19 US cents
- Dow Jones -0.60%, S&P500 -0.46%, Nasdaq +0.27%
- FTSE100 +0.25%, CAC +0.07%, DAX -0.20%
- Spot gold up 0.2% at $US$1170.32 an ounce
- Brent oil down 2.5% at $US54.54 per barrel
- Iron ore down 48 US cents at $US55 a tonne