The Australian market looks set to open flat following lacklustre performances on international markets amid lowered expectations for global economic growth.
The SPI is flat trading at 5410.
Locally, in economic news, the Westpac-Melbourne Institute Leading Indexes of Economic Activity and the Commonwealth Bank’s business sales indicator for June are both due out.
In equities news, BHP is slated to release a fourth quarter and full-year production review.
- The SPI is flat trading at 5410
- AUD -1.1% to 75.05 US cents, 79.64 Japanese yen, 68.12 Euro cents and 57.36 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +0.1%, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.4%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.6%, FTSE flat, CAC -0.6%, DAX -0.8%
- Spot gold +0.3% to $US1333.11 an ounce
- Brent crude -0.4% to $US46.78 a barrel
- Iron ore -1.5% to $US56.02 per tonne
What’s on today
Local data: WBC Leading Index. BHP fourth quarter production report