The Aussie market poised to open higher later this morning following gains in Wall Street on Friday night.
The gains came amid expectations that Fed will push back an interest rate hike till next year.
There is no major equities news expected today.
The December SPI futures contract is up 22 points, at 5274.
- SPI up 22 points at 5274
- AUD at 72.50 US cents
- Dow Jones +0.43%, S&P500 +0.46%, Nasdaq +0.34%
- FTSE100 +0.62%, CAC +0.59%, DAX +0.39%
- Spot gold down 0.6% at $US1176.06 an ounce
- Brent oil up 73 US cents at $US50.46 a barrel
- Iron ore untraded at $US53.74 a tonne
What’s on today:
The Financial Services Council symposium on elder financial abuse is on in Sydney.