The Australian market looks set to open higher later this morning, following gains on Wall Street overnight.
The June SPI futures contract is up 24 points, at 5689.
In the US, the Dow Jones and SP 500 indexes closed at fresh highs, helped by acquisitions in the pharmaceutical and apparel sectors.
In local economic news today, the Reserve Bank releases minutes of its May board meeting, and the ANZ-Roy Morgan weekly consumer confidence survey is due out.
- SPI up 24 points at 5689
- AUD at 79.83 US cents
- Dow Jones +0.14%, S&P500 +0.30%, Nasdaq +0.60%
- FTSE100 +0.12%, CAC +0.37%, DAX +1.29%
- Spot gold up 0.9% at $US1225.22 an ounce
- Brent oil down 0.6% at $US66.27 per barrel
- Iron ore down 1.1% at $US60.65