The Australian market looks set to open higher after Wall Street inched upwards, with energy stocks boosted by higher oil prices.
The SPI is trading at 5488, up 12 points.
Locally, in economic news, Mike Baird will give an overview of the NSW economy at the State of the State address.
In equities news, Santos, Amaysim, Automotive Holdings, Medibank Private, Duet Group, IAG, Michael Hill, Bellamy’s and Tassal are expected to post results, while Woodside Petroleum is expected to release half-year results.
- The SPI is trading at 5488, up 12 points
- AUD +0.4% to 76.83 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +0.1%, S&P 500 +0.2%, Nasdaq +0.2%
- In New York, BHP +1.9%, Rio +1.3%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +0.5%, FTSE +0.1%, CAC +0.4%, DAX +0.6%
- Spot gold +0.3% to $US1353.15 an ounce
- Brent crude +1.7% to $US50.70 a barrel
- Iron ore at $US60.71 a tonne
What’s on today
Santos, Medibank Private, CoverMore, IAG, Lend Lease, Abacus Property, Woodside Petroleum, DUET Group, Tassal Group, Automotive Holdings, Mantra Group release their earnings results today.