The Aussie market looks set to open flat later this morning, after Wall Street closed modestly lower overnight following the Federal Reserve’s decision to keep its benchmark interest rate on hold.
The December SPI futures contract is unchanged, at 5107.
In economic news today, Reserve Bank of Australia governor Glenn Stevens is due to appear before the House of Representatives Economics Committee.
In equities news, Premier Investments is slated to post full year results, while Sealink is expected to make an announcement on a capital raising or acquisition.
- SPI flat at 5107
- AUD at 71.65 US cents
- Dow Jones -0.39%, S&P500 -0.26%, Nasdaq +0.10%
- FTSE100 -0.68%, CAC +0.20%, DAX +0.02%
- Spot gold up 1.1% at $US1131.27 an ounce
- Brent oil down 1% at $US49.16 a barrel
- Iron ore up 0.3% at $US57.37 per tonne