The Australian market looks set to open flat after Wall Street stocks turned negative following the release of Federal Reserve minutes suggesting interest rates could soon rise.
The SPI is up 3 points to 5,513.
Locally, in economic news on Thursday, the Australian Bureau of Statistics releases average weekly earnings data, its Population by Age and Sex, 2015 survey and its Selected Characteristics of Australian Business report.
In equities news, Origin Energy, Whitehaven Coal, Treasury Wine Estates, Tatts Group, Webject and ASX are due to release full-year results, while AMP is slated to post half-year results.
- The SPI is up 3 points to 5,513.
- AUD -0.6% to 76.48 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +0.1%, S&P 500 +0.2%, Nasdaq flat
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -1.2%, FTSE -0.5%, CAC -1%, DAX -1.3%
- Spot gold +0.2% to $US 1348.89 an ounce
- Brent crude +0.7% to $US49.59 a barrel
What’s on today
Local data: Australia jobs (July)
Local earnings: AMP, IRESS, ASX, Tatts Group, Brambles, Whitehaven Coal, Mineral Resources, Charter Hall Retail, Investa Office Fund, Bapcor, Treasury Wine Estates, Spark New Zealand, Trade Me, Sydney Airport, IPH, SAI Global, Origin Energy