The Australian share market looks set to open higher after Wall Street finished higher up breaking a five-day losing streak.
The SPI contract was up 40 points, at 5114.
Locally, no scheduled economic news, with the equities calendar quiet.
- The SPI contract was up 40 points, at 5114.
- AUD at 73.66 US cents, 76.88 Japanese yen, 65.61 Euro cents and 51.85 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +0.5%, S&P 500 +0.3%, Nasdaq +0.2%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.4%, FTSE -0.3%, CAC -0.5%, DAX -0.6%
- Spot gold -0.4% at $US1286.95 an ounce
- Brent crude -2.9% to $US47.54 a barrel
- Iron ore up 0.1% to $US50.70 per tonne
What’s on today
NZ manufacturing PMI, ECB president Mario Draghi speaks in Munich.