The Aussie market is poised to open little changed ahead of another big day of local profit reports.
The SPI is up one point at 4,876.
In local economic news today, the Westpac-Melbourne Institute Leading Indexes of Economic Activity is due out.
In the equities space, ANZ is expected to release its first quarter trading update, while Insurance Australia Group, Domino’s Pizza, Lend Lease, Primary Healthcare, Sonic Healthcare, Arrium, The Reject Shop, Ardent Leisure, Dexus Property Group, Vicinity Centres (formerly Federation Centres), Flexigroup, A2 Milk and Seven West Media are among the companies slated to post half year results.
Coca-Cola Amatil and Woodside Petroleum are due to release full year results.
- SPI futures up 1 pt to 4876 at 7am Sydney time
- AUD -0.5% to 70.98 US cents, 80.91 Japanese yen, 63.80 Euro cents and 49.69 British pence
- On Wall St, about 3pm in New York, Dow +1.2%, S&P +1.5%, Nasdaq +2.1%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.4%, FTSE +0.7%, CAC -0.1%, DAX -0.8%
- In London, Rio +0.05%, BHP -0.09%, Rio
- Spot gold -0.4% to $US1204.25 at 2.17pm New York time
- Brent crude -4.3% to $US31.94 at 1.52pm New York time
- US oil -2.2% to $US28.77 a barrel
- Iron ore +1.1% to $US46.72
What’s on today
WBC leading index.
Local earnings: Arrium, Coca-Cola Amatil, IAG, Lend Lease, Mount Gibson Iron, Primary Health, Woodside Petroleum.
US Federal Reserve latest meeting minutes. St Louis Fed boss James Bullard speaks. Indonesia central bank rate decision. Economy: NZ dairy auction results, Japan machine orders, UK unemployment, US housing states and building permits data, US January producer price index. Earnings: Noble Energy, Marathon Oil, Barrick Gold, Newmont Mining, Williams Cos, Independence Group, Northern Star Resources, CGN Power, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Priceline Group, Marriott International , T-Mobile US, Analog Devices, Nvidia, Deutsche Boerse, Enel, Credit Agricole.