The Australian market looks set to open higher after fresh record highs on the Dow and the S&P 500.
The SPI is trading at 5387, up 5 points.
No major local economic is expected.
In equities news, Whitehaven Coal is expected to release a production report.
- The SPI is trading at 5387, up 5 points
- AUD +0.4% to 76.34 US cents, 80.43 japanese yen, 68.67 Euro cents and 57.27 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +0.7%, S&P 500 +0.5%, Nasdaq +0.6%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +1.3%, FTSE -0.2%, CAC +1.2%, DAX +1.4%
- Spot gold -0.8% to $US1332.27 an ounce
- Brent crude +2.1% to $US47.21 a barrel
- Iron ore -1.2% to $US58.47 per tonne
What’s on today