The Australian market looks set to open slightly higher after Wall Street edged up enough for the S&P 500 and Dow industrials to set record highs.
The SPI is up 8 points, at 5355.
Locally, in economic news the Australian Bureau of Statistics releases labour force data.
In equities news, AACo is slated to hold its annual general meeting.
- The SPI is up 8 points, at 5355
- AUD -0.2% to US76.07¢
- On Wall St, Dow +0.2%, S&P 500 -0.01%, Nasdaq -0.2%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.3%, FTSE 100 -0.2%, CAC +0.1%, DAX -0.3%
- Spot gold +0.6% to US$US1343.07 an ounce at 6am Sydney time.
- Brent crude -4.2% to $USUS46.42 a barrel at 6am Sydney time.
- Iron ore -0.4% to $USUS59.15 a tonne at 6am Sydney time.
What’s on today
Local: Employment report; Inflation expectations
Abroad: NZ ANZ consumer confidence; Bank of England meets