The Australian market looks set to open higher after Wall Street once again found record highs, helped by encouraging corporate reports and a surge in oil prices.
The SPI is up 34 points at 5498.
Oil prices lifted four per cent on comments from Saudi Arabia’s oil minister and a forecast for a tighter crude market, while US labour data showed a drop in jobless claims.
Shares of department store operators Macy’s and Kohls soared after their quarterly reports.
- The SPI is up 34 points at 5498
- AUD flat at 77.01 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +0.7%, S&P 500 +0.6%, Nasdaq +0.5%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +1%, FTSE +0.7%, CAC +1.2%, DAX +0.9%
- Spot gold -0.4% to $US1341.15 an ounce
- Brent crude +4.2% to $US45.89 a barrel
- Iron ore at $US59.36 a tonne
What’s On Today
No Local News