The Aussie market will open sharply higher later this morning, following a strong lead from U.S. markets overnight.
The June SPI futures contract is up 50 points, at 5525.
Wall Street rallied more than 1%, with tech and bank issues helping to end a run of sluggish trade in US equity markets.
Today, the Australian Bureau of Statistics releases jobs figures for May, which is expected to show the unemployment rate holding steady at 6.2%.
– SPI futures up 50 points, to 5525
– AUD at 77.60 US cents, 95.16 Japanese yen, 68.52 Euro cents and 49.95 British pence
– On Wall St, S&P 500 +1.2%, Dow +1.3%, Nasdaq +1.3%
– In Europe, Stoxx 50 +2%, FTSE +1.1%, CAC +1.8%, DAX +2.40%
– Iron ore jumps 1.7% to $65.39 per tonne
– Spot gold adds 0.8% to $US1186.58 an ounce
– Brent crude jumps 1.1% to $US65.61 a barrel
What’s on today:
Australia unemployment data