The Australian market looks set to open higher after strong gains on Wall Street following a much-larger-than-expected jump in jobs growth.
The SPI is up 56 points, to 5244.
Locally, in economic news, the ABS is due to release May’s housing finance figures.
No major equities news is expected.
- The SPI is up 56 points, to 5244
- AUD at 75.68 US cents, 76.23 Japanese yen, 68.51 Euro cents and 58.42 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +1.4%, S&P 500 +1.5%, Nasdaq +1.6%
- In New York, BHP +5.6%, Rio +4.3%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +2.1%, FTSE +0.9%, CAC +1.8%, DAX +2.2%
- Spot gold +0.4% to $US1366.33 an ounce on Friday in New York
- Brent crude +0.8% to $US46.76 a barrel on Friday in New York
- Iron ore +0.2% to $US55.17 per tonne
What’s on today
Local data: Housing finance