The Aussie market will open higher later this morning, following gains on international markets overnight amid optimism for a new Greek bailout deal and as petroleum-linked equities rose on higher oil prices.
The September SPI futures contract is up 35 points, at 5480.
In local economic news, the ANZ-Roy Morgan weekly consumer confidence survey and the National Australia Bank’s monthly business survey for July are due out.
In equities news, Cochlear, Transurban, Domino’s Pizza, Bradken, GPT Metro Office Fund and Greencross are slated to post results.
– SPI futures up 30pts at 5475
– AUD at 74.11 US cents, 92.32 Japanese yen, 67.25 Euro cents and 47.54 British pence
– On Wall St, S&P 500 +1.3%, Dow +1.4%, Nasdaq +1.2%
– In Europe, Stoxx 50 +0.7%, FTSE +0.3%, CAC +0.8%, DAX +1%
– Spot gold up 0.9% to $US1103.51 an ounce
– Iron ore untraded at $US56.40 per tonne due to a holiday in Singapore
– Brent crude surges 3.6% to $US50.20 per barrel
What’s on today:
Australia weekly consumer confidence, NAB business survey
Stocks in focus:
Earnings results: Bradken, Cochlear, Domino’s Pizza, Transurban, GPT Metro Office Fund, Compumedics