After the best two session rally all year, it appears that the Aussie market will open lower – sharply lower – later this morning.
A morning rally on Wall Street fizzled and Apple shares dropped after unveiling a suite of upgraded products.
The September SPI futures contract is down 79 points, at 5126.
In local economic news today, the Australian Bureau of Statistics releases August labour force data or August In equities news, Sigma Pharmaceuticals is expected to post full-year results.
- SPI down 79 points, at 5126
- AUD at 70.11 US cents
- Dow Jones -1.45%, S&P500 -1.39%, Nasdaq -1.15%
- FTSE100 +1.35%, CAC +1.44%, DAX +0.31%
- Spot gold down 1.2% at $US1107.67 an ounce
- Brent oil down 3.9% at $US47.69 a barrel
- Iron ore up 1.3% at $US58.18 per tonne