The Australian market looks set to open higher after international markets again rallied amid investor expectation of additional central bank stimulus from following Britain’s vote to leave the European Union.
The SPI is up 50 points, at 5230.
Locally, in economic news, the RBA’s index of commodity prices is due out as is the Australian Industry Group’s performance of manufacturing (PMI) index, both for June.
RP Data Core Logic is expected to release its Home Value Index for June.
No major equities news is expected.
- The SPI is up 50 points, at 5230
- AUD at 74.51 US cents, 76.91 Japanese yen, 67.19 Euro cents and 56.10 British pence
- On Wall St, about 4pm New York time, Dow +1.3%, S&P 500 +1.1%, Nasdaq +1.3%
- In New York, BHP +2.7%, Rio +4.4%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +1.2%, FTSE +2.3%, CAC 1%, DAX +0.7%
- Spot gold +0.3% to $US1322.88 an ounce
- Brent crude -1.8% to $US49.68 a barrel
- Iron ore + 3.3% to $US55.66 per tonne
What’s on today
CoreLogic RP Data house prices