The Australian share market looks set to open lower this morning, following a flat performance on Wall Street overnight amid subdue trade, despite some fund managers snapping up stocks into the end of the quarter.
The SPI is currently down 20 points, at 5047.
- SPI futures down 20pts or 0.4% to 5047
- AUD -0.1 at 76.63 US cents, 86.24 Japanese yen, 67.32 Euro cents and 53.31 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow -0.2%, S&P 500 -0.2%, Nasdaq flat
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -1.3%, FTSE -0.5%, CAC -1.3%, DAX -0.8%
- In London, BHP -1.4%, Rio -0.9%
- Spot gold +0.7% to $US1232.95 at 1.09pm New York time
- Brent crude +0.8% to $US39.58 at 12.43pm New York time
- Iron ore -0.8% to $US53.75
What’s on today:
Overseas data: China official manufacturing PMI for March, Bank of Japan Tankan survey, US March payrolls, US ISM manufacturing for March, US Feb construction spending, US March auto sales, UK manufacturing PMI for March, UK March house prices.