- Macquarie Capital: Includes corporate advisory, equity, debt and private capital markets businesses, and undertakes principal investing
- Macquarie Securities: Activities include institutional and retail derivatives, structured equity finance, arbitrage trading, synthetic products, capital management, collateral management and securities, borrowing and lending
- Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC): Provides a variety of trading, research, sales and financing services across the world with an underlying specialisation in interest rates, commodities and foreign exchange
- Macquarie Funds Group: Full-service asset manager
- Banking and Financial Services: The primary relationship manager for Macquarie Group’s retail client base
- Corporate and Asset Finance Group: The lending and leasing business of Macquarie Group
Big 1H14 result
MQG’s 1H14 results were a standout, with net profit of $503 million representing a 39% increase on 1H13 and beating analyst estimates. An interim dividend of $1 was declared, franked to 40c.
Revenue over the period was up 20% to $3.68 billion, with the funds management business a highlight.
Assets under management (AUM) were $385 billion at the end of September 30, up 11% from 2H13 and driving a corresponding 11% jump in Macquarie Funds earnings.
There was also a strong rebound at Macquarie Securities, which experienced a 23% surge in operating income from 2H13, as improved equity volumes led to increased commissions.