Good morning team, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Aussie market is poised to open strongly higher later this morning, despite modest gains on Wall Street overnight.
SPI futures are up 35 points, at 5464.
Locally, the Australian Bureau of Statistics will release gross domestic product numbers that are widely expected to show a fall of 0.2 per cent in the September quarter.
The Australian Industry Group and the Housing Industry Association will also release their performance of construction index for November.
In equities news, internet service provider and telco TPG will hold its AGM in Sydney.
- SPI up 35 points at 5464
- AUD at US74.47¢
- Dow Jones +0.1%; S&P500 +0.1%; Nasdaq +0.2%
- FTSE100 +0.5%, CAC +1.3%, DAX +0.9%
- Spot gold -0.2% at $US1168.23 an ounce
- Brent oil -2.1% at $US53.80 a barrel
- Iron ore +1.4% at $US79.73 a tonne
What happened overnight?