Good morning, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Australian market looks set to modestly higher later this morning after Wall Street’s three main indices closed at record highs on Friday night, helped by hunters for bargains in a post-election rally.
The SPI is up four points, at 5518.
In local economic news today, the Australian Bureau of Statistics is due to release Setember quarter mineral and petroleum exploration data.
No major equities news is expected on Monday.
- SPI up four, at 5518
- AUD at US74.43¢
- Dow Jones +0.4%; S&P500 +0.4%; Nasdaq +0.3%
- FTSE100 +0.2%, CAC +0.2%, DAX +0.1%
- Spot gold Flat at $US1183.90 an ounce
- Brent oil -3.6% at $US47.24 a barrel
- Iron ore +3.5% at $US79.61 a tonne