Good morning team, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Aussie market is poised to open slightly weaker later this morning, with Wall Street mixed and European stocks ending lower overnight as oil prices surged to a 16-month high on the heels of OPEC’s agreement to cut output.
SPI futures are down 10 points, at 5493.
In local economic news today, the Australian Bureau of Statistics will release retail trade data for October.
In corporate news, Solomon Lew-owned retail group Premier Investments will hold its annual general meeting in Melbourne.
- SPI down 10 points at 5493
- AUD at US74.04¢
- Dow Jones +0.3%; S&P500 -0.3%; Nasdaq -1.3%
- FTSE100 -0.5%, CAC -0.4%, DAX -1.0%
- Spot gold -0.4% at $US1168.58 an ounce
- Brent oil +4.7% at $US54.27 a barrel
- Iron ore +8.7% at $US78.36 a tonne