Good morning team, Chris Conway your Head of Research here with your First Look.
The Aussie market is poised to open higher later on this morning, carrying on the bullish momentum seen last week, after US and European markets moved higher on Friday night.
The SPI futures are up 23 points (+0.4%) at 5582.
The Dow Jones rose 0.7%, while the S&P500 gained 0.6% and Nasdaq ended 0.5% higher. Earlier, Europe’s STOXX 600 finished up almost 1%.
In local economic news, the Australian Bureau of Statistics will release lending finance figures for October.
- SPI up 23 points at 5582
- AUD at US74.59¢
- Dow Jones +0.7%; S&P500 +0.6%; Nasdaq +0.5%
- FTSE100 +0.3%, CAC +0.6%, DAX +0.2%
- Spot gold -0.9% at $US1160.01 an ounce
- Brent oil +0.8% at $US54.33 a barrel
- Iron ore –0.2% at $US81.66 a tonne
What happened overnight?