Local shares are poised to open in a tight range, ahead of the RBA rates decision this afternoon.
- SPI futures flat at 5877
- AUD at 75.93 US cents, 90.83 Japanese yen, 69.53 Euro cents and 51.05 British pence.
- On Wall St, S&P 500 +0.7%, Dow +0.7%, Nasdaq +0.6%
- In Europe, major markets remained closed for Easter
- Spot gold up $US7.80 or 0.7% to $US1214.71 an ounce
- On Thursday, iron ore slumped 5% to $47.08 per ton
- Brent oil up $US2.97 or 5.4% to $US57.92 a barrel
What’s on today:
Reserve Bank of Australia rates decision, Australia February retail sales, ANZ March job ads, US February consumer credit.
Stocks to watch:
Trading ex dividend today: BlackWall Property Funds, GI Dynamics, Japara Healthcare.
Credit Suisse has cut its rating on Navitas (NVT) to “underperform” from “neutral” and has a $4.60 target price.
Deutsche Bank has lowered its target price on Boral (BLD) by 0.9 per cent to $6.81 from $6.87.